[Eril-l] Free Webinar: Supporting Serendipitous Discovery in the Scholarly Research Process

Gamboa, Camille camille.gamboa at sagepub.com
Mon Feb 8 08:19:37 PST 2016

Supporting Serendipitous Discovery in the Scholarly Research Process

Tuesday, February 16, 11am EST

Register: http://ow.ly/Y52x0

In SAGE Publishing's latest discoverability white paper, we share the results of original research into an often overlooked aspect of discovery for today's scholarly researcher -serendipitous discovery, an information-seeking method by which scholars uncover surprising connections between content and concepts. The paper reveals new insights into the search preferences and practices that lead to indirect and unplanned discovery, as a well as a multitude of opportunities for information professionals to aid readers in serendipity within their research journey.

Moderated by infoDOCKET editor Gary Price, in this one-hour webinar, white paper authors Lettie Conrad and Alan Maloney of SAGE will share the findings from their research and present a range of publisher solutions, including SAGE Recommends. We expect a lively Q&A with the audience to follow.

Register here: http://ow.ly/Y52x0

Thank you,

Camille Gamboa

SAGE Publishing