[Eril-l] Trend Micro and EZproxy?

Bob Pearson b.pearson at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Dec 8 16:21:23 PST 2016

Hi Dan

I have no experience with Trend Micro, but this is similar to a problem we had with another antivirus program, ESET Antivirus 6, running on Macs. It was caused by a conflict between EZproxy and the "Web Access Protection" feature of ESET. It was solved by the ESET administrator disabling "Web Access Protection" for Macs.

I suggest you find out whether Trend Micro has a feature similar to ESET's "Web Access Protection" and, if it does, see if disabling that feature makes a difference.

Bob Pearson
Digital Access Librarian
Digital Services
The University of Auckland Library