[Eril-l] Job Posting: Electronic Resources Librarian (Library Faculty), LaGuardia Community College Library, CUNY, NYC

Ann Matsuuchi ann.matsuuchi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 12:25:03 PST 2016

Dear Colleagues:

Would it be possible to post the following professional job opening on your
listserv?

CUNY Jobs:

http://cuny.jobs/queens-ny/electronic-resource-librarian-library-faculty-open-rank/E814C12F5B7F4800A169CD33CB64E1EF/job/

LaGuardia Community College of The City University of New York is accepting
nominations and applications for a faculty position in our library: *Electronic
Resources Librarian*. The announcement describing the position, closing
date, how to apply and the necessary qualifications are pasted below. Your
assistance in circulating this information would be most appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Posted on behalf of Scott White, Professor & Chief Librarian, LaGuardia
Community College, CUNY

http://cuny.jobs/queens-ny/electronic-resource-librarian-library-faculty-open-rank/E814C12F5B7F4800A169CD33CB64E1EF/job/

Job Title: Electronic Resources Librarian (Library Faculty Open Rank)

Job ID: 15380

Location: LaGuardia Community College, CUNY

Full/Part Time: Full-Time

Regular/Temporary: Regular

FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT

LaGuardia Community College is seeking an Electronic Resources Librarian
responsible leading the management and development of the Library's
subscription-based electronic resources. Duties include collection
development, negotiating procurement licensing and renewals; serving as
technical liaison between the library and various vendors; publicizing and
marketing subscription resources to the College community; training faculty
and staff in their use; resolving access issues; and representing the
College in CUNY-wide Electronic Resources Advisory Committee (ERAC).

Library Faculty are expected to provide research support to faculty,
students, and staff in person, in one-on-one consultations, and via e-mail
and chat; participate in the Library's instruction program; and participate
in developing collections and acquiring materials in all formats. Share
responsibility for committee and department assignments including
administrative, supervisory, and other functions as may be assigned.
Faculty review Library usage patterns and make recommendations regarding
services; assist in developing and monitoring Library policies and user
service standards; and supervise and/or train staff and students assigned
to the Library. Duties may include some weekend and evening hours. Library
faculty are expected to perform related duties as assigned. Research and
publication are expected for tenure and promotion.

Assistant/Associate/Full Professor:

Supports a college library through providing in-depth consultation with
students and faculty and collaboration for the ongoing improvement of
instructional programs and practices. Pursues an active scholarly agenda,
performs supervisory duties, and participates in college-and
university-wide programs and committees as assigned.

Instructor:

Supports a college library through providing in-depth consultation with
students and faculty and collaboration for the ongoing improvement of
instructional programs and practices.

LaGuardia Community College, located in Long Island City, Queens, educates
more than 50,000 New Yorkers annually through degree, certificate, and
continuing education programs. Our guiding principle Dare To Do More
reflects our belief in the transformative power of education—not just for
individuals, but for our community and our country—creating pathways for
achievement and safeguarding the middle class. LaGuardia is a national
voice on behalf of community colleges, where half of all US college
students study. Part of the City University of New York (CUNY), the College
reflects the legacy of our namesake, Fiorello H. LaGuardia, the former NYC
mayor beloved for his championing the underserved. Since our doors opened
in 1971, our programs regularly become national models for pushing
boundaries to give people of all backgrounds access to a high quality,
affordable college education. We invite you to join us in imagining what
our students, our community, and our country can become. Visit
www.LaGuardia.edu to learn more.

QUALIFICATIONS

All titles require a Master's in Library Science (MLS), Master's in Library
Information Studies (MLIS), or closely related discipline from an
ALA-accredited institution. Also required is the ability to work with
others for the good of the institution.

For appointment as Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor, a second
graduate degree is required.

PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS

A minimum of two year's work experience in academic library or two years'
experience in the procurement and maintenance of electronic resources in a
different venue, Experience with vendor relations and using vendor-provided
statistics to inform decisions, including print and electronic overlap
analysis, a plus. The ideal candidate will have a record of demonstrated
experience providing reference and instruction to undergraduate students;
excellent interpersonal skills; strong written and verbal communication
skills; strong organizational skills; and a demonstrated ability to work
effectively with students, faculty, staff, and colleagues in a
multicultural environment.

COMPENSATION

CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package
covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental
leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for
research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing
faculty professional development.

HOW TO APPLY

>From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user
account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this
posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site
at www.cuny.edu and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title.

Candidates should provide a CV or resume and statement of scholarly
interests, as well as contact information for three references as one
document.

CLOSING DATE: 2/11/2017

JOB SEARCH CATEGORY

CUNY Job Posting: Faculty

EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to
apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected
groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the
basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or
gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.