[Eril-l] Carnegie Classifications

Arndt,Theresa arndtt at dickinson.edu
Mon Apr 18 18:07:33 PDT 2016

Hi Chris,

>From JSTOR:  "Your archival journal collection fees are based on your classification. There are five classification tiers, from Very Large to Very Small. JSTOR's classifications for colleges and universities are modeled from the Carnegie Classifications<http://classifications.carnegiefoundation.org/>."

If you participate with Lyrasis or some other large consortia, I suggest you speak to those reps about the implications, as they work with pricing for many vendors and many different libraries.

We are strictly undergraduate, so I cannot speak to your second question.

- Best, Theresa

Theresa Arndt, MLS
Associate Director for Library Resources and Administration
Library and Information Services
Dickinson College
P.O. Box 1773
Carlisle, PA 17013