[Eril-l] New England Chapter of ASIST

Annie Erdmann erdmann at simmons.edu
Tue Sep 29 06:42:16 PDT 2015

​*NEASIST seeks a Chair-elect!*

You: an information professional with ideas and energy.

We: a vibrant professional organization with an active calendar, a
well-attended program committee, and a stable board.

Together: we will deliver great programming on topics including usability,
user experience, analytics, Wordpress, digital preservation, digital
humanities, collection development, and more.

YOU WON'T BE DOING IT ALONE! With a combination of new and experienced
volunteers, NEASIST PC and Board meetings are organized, productive, and
fast. The Chair-elect will work with and learn from the 2016 chair, Annie
Erdmann. You'll also be working with a secretary, membership and outreach
coordinator, webmaster, and program committee members who have been
involved with NEASIST for several years. We stay involved because we gain
knowledge, project management experience, connections, fun,
and professional satisfaction. You can too!

Frequently Stated Objections

*But I'm busy!* -- yes, this is a commitment to attend most NEASIST events.
Over two years, that's 2 conferences, 8 board meetings, about 20 meetups,
and 24 program committee meetings. It's a lot! But we don't expect you to
do everything, and you don't have to do it, or plan it, alone. That's why
we work as a team.

*But I've never been involved in a professional organization before! -- *well,
now is the time to start. If you join our team at NEASIST, you'll be part
of an organization that is ticking along nicely, with stable participation,
membership, and finances. You'll have mentors and partners; you'll have
access to institutional knowledge. You'll be set up to succeed.

*But I'm not an ASIS&T member!* -- well, ASIS&T membership is a good deal;
for $140 (or $65 for early career professionals) you get access to all
ASIS&T webinars <https://www.asist.org/events/webinars/> and other benefits.

*But I don’t live in Boston! *-- that’s fine; remote attendance at Board
and PC meetings is possible.  In fact, we’d love our chapter leadership to
help us engage with information practitioners across New England.

You can contact anyone on the Board or Program Committee
<http://neasist.org/who-we-are/> to find out more about who we are, what we
do, and how we work together. Talk to us, and if you like what you hear,
nominate yourself to join us as the 2016 Chair-elect.

*Please submit nominations and inquiries to neasist at gmail.com
<neasist at gmail.com> as soon as possible.  Elections will be announced
shortly.*​

*Rosalind Bucy*