[Eril-l] Designing for Digital 2016 – a Design + Libraries Conference

Bonnie Tijerina bonnie.tijerina at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 09:09:12 PDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: McDonald, Courtney Greene <crgreene at indiana.edu>
Date: Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 11:59 AM
Subject: [lib_ux] Designing for Digital 2016 – a Design + Libraries
Conference
To: Library User Experience <lib_ux at listserv.unc.edu>

We are very excited to announce dates and details for the returning 2016
Designing for Digital Conference. D4D <http://www.designingfordigital.com/>
is a two-day conference packed with intensive, hands-on workshops and
informative sessions meant to expose library and information professionals
to colleagues working on user experience, discovery, library space design,
and usability projects in and outside of libraries, drawing expertise from
the tech and education communities, as well as from peers. This year we are
focusing on not just the user experience of our websites and digital tools
but also how the digital world impacts our physical spaces.

*Dates:* April 6 -7th

*Location:* Austin, TX

*Speakers*

Our opening keynote, Jesse James Garrett <http://www.jjg.net/about/>
(Adaptive Path) will talk about designing virtual and physical spaces for
real humans.  Our invited speakers Michelle Ha Tucker (IDEO) will talk
about her work working closely with librarians to create programming and
services based on users, and Frank Migliorelli (NYPL) will come back to
update us on evolving ​digital strategies ​at NYPL​.​

​​

*Registration*

Registration <http://www.designingfordigital.com/register/> is now open!
Join us for D4D or bundle it with the ER&L Conference, April 3-6, 2016.

*Call for Proposals*

We want to hear about your projects, ideas and research! Our call for
proposals opens on October 18th, 2015.

*2014 D4D keynotes released!*

Check out videos of Jon Kolko’s Well Designed: How to use empathy to create
products people love <http://bit.ly/d4d15open> and Frank Migliorelli’s Taming
the Digital Lion <http://bit.ly/d4d15close>.

To learn more about D4D and for the latest announcements, find us on
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/d4dconf> and follow us on Twitter
<https://twitter.com/Design4Lib>.

- D4D collaborators <http://www.designingfordigital.com/about/>