[Eril-l] How to track cancelled subscriptions?

Moorthy, Anuradha amoorthy at gntc.edu
Tue Oct 27 13:38:32 PDT 2015

1.      How do you save the information of cancelled subscriptions?  In a spreadsheet or in a different format?

a.       Excel  and Access

2.      What type of information do you keep for each cancelled subscription?  Cost? Year subscription was cancelled? Other types of information?
When I worked in a large health sciences research organization, we kept the cancellations in an excel file for each year and then downloaded to Access every year.
Excel file contained
Journal Title
Publisher
ISSN (Print and Electronic)
Cost
Use
Cost/Use
Years subscribed
Perpetual Access Period (additional column if there was a break in service)
Core Subject Association (Y/N) – track the percentage of cuts in each core subject

Anu Moorthy