[Eril-l] package renewal dates

Hinojosa, Rogelio H rhinojosa at tamiu.edu
Fri Oct 23 12:57:40 PDT 2015

 [cid:062f8629527343bd9ffdba528b9f91b3]

Karen,
A couple of years ago we discussed with EBSCO the possibility of transferring to them the responsibility for managing most of our database subscription renewals much in the same way they handle our journal renewals. They were willing to do it, but in the end we decided to wait on this decision mainly because of the additional service charges it would represent. But it is still an option we may consider in the future. EBSCO can help in rearranging all subscription renewals according to our preferred start and end dates. It also means that the first year all charges will have to be prorated, and more than likely an extra amount will have to be paid to cover for more than twelve months of access to most databases. I hope this helps,

Rogelio Hinojosa
Acquisitions Librarian
Texas A&M International University
Killam Library
5201 University Boulevard
Laredo, TX 78041-1900
rhinojosa at tamiu.edu
956-326-2123

P       Please consider the environment before printing this email.
________________________________
[cid:0a4da2718ea04091ad6f03f37a33e965]

Rogelio H Hinojosa
Acquisitions Librarian
Sue & Radcliffe Killam Library
KL 214C
5201 University Blvd.
Laredo, TX 78041
Tel. (956) 326-2123
Fax (956) 326-2399

As pursuant to Texas A&M International University rule 33.04.99.L2 concerning the Use and Disposition of Electronic Communications, this email is a mechanism for official communication of the University. Electronic mail (e-mail) should be used only for legitimate academic or state business. Official email communications are intended only to meet the academic and administrative needs of the campus community.