[Eril-l] browzine thoughts?

Swogger, Susan sswogger at email.unc.edu
Thu May 14 09:40:07 PDT 2015

We have it, and I don't know if our usage is awesome, but it's very solid for something so unique.

We have it on both iOS and Android. I think the difficulty with it is that it's pretty much instantly appealing to anyone who regularly reads journal articles on a tablet or phone, but that's a fairly select group, and you can't easily explain it - you have to show them. I know that we get a jump every time it's shown to a new group of residents or grad students, and we always include it in those sessions. Occasionally, we have mobile app petting zoos for groups, and it's much more appealing to most people than some of our repulsive though awesome medical apps. :)

Also, when we catch someone who's about to travel and explain that they can pull a bunch of things down easily from it to save on their tablet to read in null wifi spaces, that's been exciting to them, and they usually keep it up and tell me they've told other people. Unfortunately, we've mostly caught those people through personal contacts - I don't know how you'd get them systematically unless your system is small.

Susan Swogger
Collections Development Librarian
Health Sciences Library
phone: (919) 966-0777
fax: (919) 966-1388
sswogger at email.unc.edu

www.hsl.unc.edu
Connecting people everywhere with knowledge to improve health