[Eril-l] Anyone using Excel PowerQuery and SharePoint for ERMS type features?

McCulley, Jerry JMcCulley at dcccd.edu
Fri May 15 12:12:06 PDT 2015

I'd love to have a full blown ERMS at my disposal but it's not in the budget.  However, I was talking with our IT director and learned that a lot of the same features can be managed in Excel using SharePoint, with connections to vendor websites for usage stats.   My main goals include managing usage stats and keeping up with renewals and license information.

Has anybody explored this?   Or using Access with SharePoint?
Just wondering before I go down that path.

Thanks.

Jerry McCulley
Team Leader, ERSS
District Service Center
Dallas County Community College District