[Eril-l] WestlawNext Campus Research

Leslie Burke Leslie.Burke at kzoo.edu
Thu Jul 9 07:16:58 PDT 2015

I recently got some type of survey from WestLaw Next and it asked about OpenURL linking etc.
I sent feedback in (and encourage others to do so) saying something like:
I want WestLaw Next to have article level linking (with these services – EBSCO, Summon, Primo, etc.) instead of journal level linking. I indicated my students do not want to repeat their search and that our other major vendors all provide article-level linking. I also explained that if students don’t find it easy to use (e.g. having to repeat their search) they use it less. Less usage stats leads to less chance of renewal.

Best,
Leslie

Leslie D. Burke
Collection Development & Digital Integration Librarian, Library
Kalamazoo College
1200 Academy St
Kalamazoo, MI 49006
p 269.337.7144