[Eril-l] Evaluating e-book packages - strategies for comparing title lists to your catalog holdings?

Spurgin, Kristina M kspurgin at email.unc.edu
Fri Jan 9 09:44:52 PST 2015

Hi,

One of our subject librarians is wanting to evaluate an e-book package containing a few thousand titles, but suspects that we may already own a large percentage of the titles in print and/or e-book format.

She'd like a way to automate (or semi-automate) answering the question, "How many of the titles from this list do we already provide access to in some format?" No one here has time to do a few thousand catalog searches manually...

But, I know of no obvious/simple way to match a title list against our III Millennium catalog.

Has anyone come up with any solutions/strategies for doing this sort of comparison at your library?

Thanks,
Kristina

-=-
Kristina M. Spurgin
   E-RESOURCES CATALOGER
     E-Resources & Serials Management, Davis Library
             CB#3938, Davis Library -- Chapel Hill, NC 27514-8890
                           919-962-3825 -- kspurgin at email.unc.edu

 1420825492.0