[Eril-l] Deadline Extension for NC Serials Conference Proposals- January 8, 2016

Maria Collins mdcollin at ncsu.edu
Tue Dec 8 12:14:17 PST 2015

*DEADLINE EXTENSION*

The deadline for proposals for the 25th Annual North Carolina Serials
Conference has been extended to

*Friday, January 8, 2016. *

The conference will be held at The William and Ida Friday Center for
Continuing Education in Chapel Hill.
http://web.lib.ecu.edu/ncserialsconference/

The Conference Planning Committee is accepting proposals for presentations
that reflect the 2016 conference theme:  NC Serials Conference at 25: The
Age of Discovery. We offer our users a rich array of physical and
electronic resources. How do our communities gain access? How can we help
in the discovery process? What tools have we found useful for managing our
collections? How do we help users navigate our resources and connect to
what they want and need in their research? How have we charted our course
in the turbulent waters of serials and electronic resources? What is the
engine for our future? Let's share our discoveries and best practices,
explore innovations on the horizon, and participate in a day when ideas are
generated and connections are made. Come celebrate our 25th year!

Proposals may address any aspect of the serials industry or serials management
and may be submitted by any member of the serials profession including
publishers, vendors, librarians, staff, and students.

Proposals should be submitted by e-mail in an attachment to Maria Collins
and Kendall McKenzie atmdcollin at ncsu.edu  and
kendall.mckenzie at dukeupress.edu.

When submitting a proposal, please include the following information:

1. Contact details (including your name, mailing address, telephone number,
and email address)
2. A short (50 words or less) biographical description for each speaker
3. Presentation title
4. An abstract (approximately 100 words)
5. Type of Program

·         Presentation

·         Panel Discussion

·         Hands-on Workshop

·         Lightning Talk

·         Other (please provide details)

6. Estimate of time required to present topic

Please note: Presenters’ registration expenses will be waived.

The Planning Committee will review all proposals for their content,
timeliness, relevance, and fit with the overall Conference content. The
Committee reserves the right to refocus or combine proposals as needed
(with notice) to reach a diverse audience and to maximize use of program
time slots.

--
Maria Collins
Head, Acquisitions and Discovery