[Eril-l] EBSCO Usage Consolidation Pricing change

Harker, Karen Karen.Harker at unt.edu
Thu Apr 30 13:31:04 PDT 2015

Huh…we took the opposite approach.  We selected the more difficult ones, as well as the ebook platforms, which have high rates of unmatched titles.  I will be keeping an eye on their results to see if they do as good or better than we can.

This does seem to be an odd business decision, since the primary reason we selected UC over PQ’s Counter-360 was being able to use the platform without paying for the service.  However, it is frustrating because we load our stats every quarter, which would cost extra for the platforms that they load.

Karen Harker
Collection Assessment Librarian
940-565-2688
Libraries are for Use<http://librariesareforuse.wordpress.com/>