[Eril-l] ER&L Reg, Workshop, Designing for Digital

Bonnie Tijerina bonnie.tijerina at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 10:26:21 PST 2014

The Electronic Resources and Libraries 10th Anniversary Conference is
taking place in Austin, Texas and Online Feb 22-25, 2015. In this quick
update, we encourage you to register, view workshop options and learn about
the Designing for Digital Conference, a UX and Libraries conference
February 25-26.

*DESIGNING FOR DIGITAL* – A New UX & Libraries Event

Designing for Digital is a two-day conference packed with intensive,
hands-on workshops and informative sessions meant to help educate and
expose library and information professionals to colleagues working on user
experience, discovery, design and usability projects inside and outside of
libraries, drawing expertise from the tech and education communities, as
well as from peers. This exposure will allow information professionals to
bring lessons home to their institutions and to think differently about
designing our digital future. Learn more
<http://www.designingfordigital.com/about/> about who we are and what we're
doing.  @Design4Lib

*REGISTER BY 1/15* -- A $395 rate is available for on-site attendees
through 1/15. Register now & view the bundling options to get the full
conference recordings and access to the new Designing for Digital
Conference:  http://electroniclibrarian.org/conference-info/erl2015/.

*WORKSHOPS* -- Learn a new skill and bring a fresh perspective on your work
with a workshop:
http://electroniclibrarian.org/conference-info/2015workshop/.

 Pre-Conference Workshops

1. Excel for Librarians: Utilizing the Power of Excel to track and Display
Usage.

2. Scholarly Publishing in Libraries: A How-To Workshop

3. Getting Everything Ezproxy has to Offer: Administration Tips,
Customization Tricks and Assessment Insights [2 SEATS REMAIN]

4. Understanding Your Users: Using Google Analytics and Forms at Your
Library

DeMars (California State University, Fullerton) are leading this workshop
-- Google Analytics in conjunction with other data vitally assist us in
getting a better picture of what our users are doing on our sites. In this
hands on workshop, attendee will work with actual website data to set up a
dashboard within Analytics, run reports, and create visualizations for use
in presentations or websites.

 Post-Conference Workshops

1. Cleaning Up the Metadata Mess with OpenRefine: A Hands-on Approach

2. Designing and Implementing an Effective User Feedback Survey

3. The Discovery Ecosystem: Upgrading the User Experience

*Can’t attend ER&L in Austin? *Want all of the session content? Join us
online!

ER&L is recording ALL sessions for the first time.  2 channels of live
streaming content live every day of ER&L with all sessions available within
a day. Register your organization and have staff across campus or town all
join in. Select an individual or group (institutional access) to join ER&L
from wherever you are!

http://electroniclibrarian.org/conference-info/erl2015/