[Eril-l] looking for group wisdom on Patron Driven Acquisition: limiting by publisher

Mary Beeker mbeeker at nmc.edu
Mon Dec 15 13:50:19 PST 2014

Sorry if this isn't the best place to ask this question, please let me know
if I should post elsewhere...

Can anyone share their philosophy/advice on including publishers in their
PDA collection?
We've had some rude shocks seeing what is available in our new PDA
collection.  We're wondering whether to exclude publishers from the entire
PDA profile, or perhaps to include publishers in certain call number
ranges, but not in others (e.g. our clinical nursing section)

We're a community college, so we need some intro-level books, but
reliability is key to us.

If this becomes an interesting discussion, I'm happy to collect responses
and share them.

Thanks all!
- Mary

--
Mary Beeker
Northwestern Michigan College - Osterlin Library
mbeeker at nmc.edu
(231) 995-1015