[Eril-l] Browzine Usage

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Fri Sep 27 11:07:16 PDT 2024

Hello all,

We recently implemented Browzine and Libkey at our institution. Is anyone an avid user of BrowZine? I'd like to learn how you've used it, your experience with it & if you've used the“My Bookshelf” feature. We were also curious to hear if anyone had a positive experience or user feedback about implementing the SSO option.

The vendor mentioned that with any SSO-based browzine acounts they would not be able to move their BrowZine account to another institution if they change affiliations. For example, these accounts can only be associated with NYU Health Sciences library and are not portable like our standard username/password accounts, meaning users cannot sync their My Bookshelf or Saved Articles data between library instances. We've heard from the vendor that users often move between institutional affiliations and do enjoy being able to take their BrowZine Account data with them.

Thanks for the help!

Take care,
Flynn