[Eril-l] Register now—NISO Plus Global/Online is just two weeks away!

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Tue Sep 3 10:02:01 PDT 2024

**Apologies for cross posting**

It’s time to register for the  2024 NISO Plus Global/Online
<https://niso.plus/> conference (September 17–18)! We’re just two weeks
from the start of this interactive virtual meeting focused on bringing
people together and inspiring collaboration in the information community.

Here’s are just some of things that make the NISO Plus conference unique:

   -

   Our program <https://np24go.sched.com/> tackles the “big issues” and
   challenges in scholarly communications, featuring expert speakers on AI
   and emerging technologies, open research (including open access and open
   data), PIDs and metadata, research integrity, and accessibility.
   -

   Participants are a critical part of this interactive program, which
   dedicates time to brainstorming solutions with colleagues from across
   the information community. Standards start with conversations, including
   those we host at NISO Plus events!
   -

   Special sessions will keep you up to date on what’s happening in the
   world of information standards. If you want to catch up on the latest
   standards news, or if you just need a primer, this is your opportunity! We
   will host two sessions updating participants on revisions and ongoing
   projects as well new projects like the US national PID strategy. And by
   popular demand, we’ll also host an introduction to the information
   standards process!
   -

   You’ll hear from a wide range of voices and perspectives: Participants
   who attended our last NISO Plus virtual event praised the meeting for the
   “variety of people attending” and “the breadth of topics and global
   perspectives.” Speakers at NISO Plus Global/Online represent libraries,
   publishers, service and scholarly infrastructure providers, government
   agencies, and more. They’ll speak about books as well as journals. And the
   virtual format also allows for greater participation from countries outside
   North America, including The Netherlands, Brazil, Australia, Nigeria, and
   the United Arab Emirates, to name just a few.
   -

   Keynote speakers will bring global perspectives to bear on scholarly
   communications and open research. Rachel Bruce
   <https://niso.plus/2024/08/rachel-bruce-to-deliver-opening-keynote-at-np24go/>,
   Head of Open Science at UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)  will deliver the
   opening address, and Ginny Barbour
   <https://niso.plus/2024/06/ginny-barbour-to-deliver-keynote-at-niso-plus-global-online/>,
   Editor in Chief of the Medical Journal of Australia and Adjunct
   Professor, Queens University of Technology, will close the meeting.

Thanks to our generous sponsors <https://niso.plus/np24-go-sponsors/>—Cadmore
Media <http://cadmoremedia.com>, figshare <https://figshare.com/>, ASME
<https://www.asme.org/>, Bowker <http://www.bowker.com/>, EBSCO
<https://www.ebsco.com/>, Silverchair <https://www.silverchair.com/>, Access
Innovations <https://www.accessinn.com/>, Cambridge University Press
<https://www.cambridge.org/>, CHORUS <https://www.chorusaccess.org/>,
Kriyadocs <http://kriyadocs.com>, and the Modern Language Association
<https://www.mla.org/>—registration rates for the conference are affordable
for all in the community. Tickets start at just $49 for students, attendees
who are unemployed, retirees, and those residing in low- and middle-income
countries (as defined by the World Bank
<https://blogs.worldbank.org/en/opendata/world-bank-country-classifications-by-income-level-for-2024-2025-ja>).
There are also discounts for groups of five or more.

We hope you’ll take part in the conversation and join us in September. Check
our program <https://np24go.sched.com/> for the latest on sessions and
speakers, and remember to register soon! <https://np24go.eventbrite.com/>
You won’t want to miss this special opportunity to learn from and
collaborate with members of the information community.

Best wishes,

The NISO Team

NISO
3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302