[Eril-l] NASIG Webinar - Artificial Intelligence and Licensing: working with new language

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Fri Oct 18 10:02:16 PDT 2024

**Apologies for cross-posting**

oin us on October 29th at 2:00 pm ET for the NASIG Webinar *Artificial
Intelligence and Licensing: working with new language.*

*Artificial Intelligence and Licensing: working with new language*

Register at https://nasig.org/event-5910168

Date and time: October 29, 2024, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM ET

AI language is appearing in licenses librarians negotiate for electronic
resources. In response, librarians must maintain our commitment to
scholars' right to transformative fair use and preserve the right to use
the content for AI training. As research into AI expands, it is up to
libraries to protect the scholars' ability to access the content and that
our electronic resource license agreements do not restrict use of that
content more than that of fair use. To deal with this at Emory Libraries,
we have drafted our own guidelines for AI and electronic resources
licensing, including licensing language recommendations.

*Speakers:*

Jessie L. Copeland - Director of Resource Services at Emory University
Woodruff Library

Chris Palazzolo, PhD - Director of Collections and Open Strategies at Emory
University Woodruff Library and Librarian for Economics, Political
Science,  French and Italian.

*WEBINAR RATES*

$15 for NASIG Student Members. Login to NASIG website before registering

$35 for NASIG Members. Login to NASIG website before registering

$35 for NISO or SSP Members with code. Email cec at nasig.org to receive code

$60 for Non-Members

$120 for Group Registration. No size limit. One person registers and shares
login details with their group.

Register at https://nasig.org/event-5910168

Feel free to reach out to cec at nasig.org if you have any questions.

CJ Garcia

NASIG Social Media Coordinator-in-training