[Eril-l] Job Posting: Community Resources Librarian, Olin College of Engineering, Needham, MA

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Fri May 31 10:16:57 PDT 2024

The Olin College Library is accepting applications e-resource-oriented candidates for the role of Community Resources Librarian<https://jobs.keldair.com/Olincollege/jobs/80508/community-resources-librarian>. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as you are able!

Full description of the job and Olin College: https://jobs.keldair.com/Olincollege/jobs/80508/community-resources-librarian

Some details:
About The Library:
The Olin College Library serves nearly 400 undergraduate engineering students, all of whom live on-campus, and an enthusiastic faculty and staff. We uphold and advance learning, scholarship, individual wellbeing, and community strength.
The Library is staffed by 3 librarians: the Director of the Library, the Community Engagement Librarian, and the Community Resources Librarian (CRL). We also employ a small, engaged group of student workers. The Library works closely with faculty and is situated in the department of Student Affairs (StAR), reporting to the Dean of Student Affairs.
Primary Responsibilities:
The CRL's primary area of responsibility is electronic resources of all kinds, front-and-back-end. They maintain, assess, and seek to improve e-resources. The CRL ensures e-resources are accessible, discoverable, and user-friendly.
The CRL ensures resources are accessible and usable. They identify areas of need and propose/execute thoughtful and practical solutions. They collect, manage, and analyze data of all types to evaluate and improve services. Other duties may include: current-and-potential product assessment, digital archive maintenance, and vendor communications. Their work is informed by their niche knowledges of: the Olin community, the Olin curriculum, LIS news and scholarship, instructional design methods, and user experience principles.
Shared Responsibilities, Expectations and Opportunities:
All staff contribute to daily and routine Library tasks, balancing them with their primary duties. A typical workday will include a mix of primary work and any combination of circulation, reference, collection development, Library space management (including Library of Things and makerspaces), and/or assisting with Library programming.
Library staff must possess initiative, tolerance for ambiguity and change, comfort with asking for help, and a willingness to jump in wherever needed. Staff are collaborative, communicative, and non-competitive with each other. We engage directly and daily with students, staff, and faculty; our users are also our frequent collaborators and partners.
Library staff often have opportunities to participate in Olin or Library projects that are relevant to our mission and to the staff member's interests (art or fabrication projects, ethics discussion groups, etc.). Staff are welcome to discuss such opportunities with the Director at any time. Nevertheless, the primary responsibilities of this position will remain top priority and will not change.
Library staff are expected to have an understanding of- and commitment to- fundamental LIS and education principles. These include privacy, access, information literacy, intellectual freedom, and universal design.
This is an in-person/on-campus position based in Needham, MA, with possible flexible work options. Any approved remote work arrangement must be performed in the state of Massachusetts where Olin is registered to do business.
Thank you!
Maggie

Maggie Anderson
she/her