[Eril-l] On-demand accessibility remediation workflow examples

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Thu May 23 05:09:22 PDT 2024

Hello,

Apologies, I attempted to search the ERIL-L archives on this topic, but kept bumping into a ht://Dig error.

Indiana University Libraries are looking to formalize and unify our accessibility remediation workflow for on-demand requests for accessibility (i.e., patron reports that a resource does not work with their assistive technology), and are seeking examples for workflows/processes for routing and completing these requests at other libraries. If you have anything that you'd be willing to share, we'd be greatly appreciative. Or, if you have any experience with attempting to create a process handling the intake from all areas of libraries online collections (licensed e-resources, institutional repositories, digital collections) or in a multi-campus or consortia setting that you'd like to share, that'd also be incredibly helpful.

Warm regards,

Ruth Light
Interim Head, Electronic Resources Acquisitions
Electronic Resources Access Manager
Pronouns: She/her/hers
Indiana University Libraries
1320 East Tenth Street