[Eril-l] OpenAthens vs campus federated SSO?

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Wed May 22 09:21:46 PDT 2024

I would contact the vendor's support of course, just like I would do now with IP authentication. How far does OA get involved in mediating lost access between a library and a vendor? I would expect the first step would always be to make sure you paid the latest invoice and the vendor received it which I can't imagine OA being involved in. Pretty much every time we lose access to something we paid for, it has nothing to do with our authentication system and is always about the vendor somehow messing up their record of our being a customer in good standing.  I suppose if you do a major change of SSO systems, like we're about to change from Shibboleth to Azure, it would be easier to have OA handle it than have to check with every vendor that was configured for the old idp, but that's probably a once-in-a-decade type of change.

Melissa Belvadi
mbelvadi at upei.ca
Make an appointment: https://mbelvadi.youcanbook.me/