[Eril-l] Scopus question

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Fri May 17 12:41:17 PDT 2024

Hi Sarah,

There are two approaches you could try are to:

  1.  Send initial connections to Scopus through your EZproxy by creating a Starting Point URL (SPU) tha.
When a person uses the EZproxy SPU to Scopus, all links from Scopus to any other source will already be sent through your EZproxy.
  2.  Use Elsevier Admin tool to set up OpenURL linking for Scopus, assuming UNCW has a link resolver.
The OpenURL link will send the article metadata to your link resolver, which should create a menu of options and links to the full text that UNCW has.  You can configure your link resolver to use your EZproxy stem.

I hope this advice is on target!

Good luck,
Athena

Athena Hoeppner (she/her/hers)
Discovery Services Librarian | University Librarian
University of Central Florida | athena at ucf.edu<mailto:athena at ucf.edu>
Schedule Appointment<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/e7ed510b338643a092fb237960b6be17@ucf.edu/meetingtype/V46-JYn9vEWmqVPIUyuevA2?anonymous>