[Eril-l] Tips and Tricks for New E-resource Librarians?

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Tue Mar 19 05:33:14 PDT 2024

Hi there,

I'm so excited to see a new edition is being worked on (I loved looking
through the first edition!).

I'd be interested to see if anything could be talked about regarding Open
Access — nothing major since this is supposed to be a "welcome to the world
of e-resources" type of thing, but maybe the Licensing chapter could
introduce terms like "Read & Publish Deals" and "Transformative Agreements".

I think it would also be cool if something could be mentioned about the
importance of learning how to communicate with multiple stakeholders and
groups (unless that's mentioned already, I can't remember - sorry!). There
are a TON of different people that I communicate with and I'm trying to
emphasize to folks, that I'm training & mentoring, how important
communicating well & adjusting your communication style is depending on who
you're speaking with.

Again, super excited about a 2nd edition!
Erika

*Erika Boardman, MLIS *| Electronic Resources Management Librarian
UNC Charlotte | J. Murrey Atkins Library | Atkins 225 (C5)
9201 University City Blvd. | Charlotte, NC 28223
eboardman at charlotte.edu <eboardman at uncc.edu> | 704-687-1124 |
library.charlotte.edu

*Pronouns: she, her, hers*

*My workday may look different from your workday. Please do not feel
obligated to respond outside of your normal working hours.*

*If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission or a person
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution, or other use of any of the information in this
transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission
in error, please notify me immediately by email or by telephone at
704-687-1124. Thank you.*