[Eril-l] WorldCat Search vs. Discovery

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Wed Jun 26 13:22:46 PDT 2024

Dear colleagues,

When WorldCat.org updated their main UI, we were recommended to recommend
the discovery website for our patrons, because we were not able to connect
the WorldShare link with institutional authentication at that time. So, our
main WorldCat search is currently through the proxied worldcat discovery
webpage.

Today, I noticed that the regular WorldCat.org page can be proxied as well.
And, I believe the regular WorldCat UI works better when you use non Latin
scripts, which is an important factor for some of my users.

Has anyone noticed the same thing? How is your WorldShare link through
institutional authentication linked to your WorldCat instance?

Chris
--
H. Chris Chang, MSLIS, MA
Electronic Resources Supervisor