[Eril-l] Question about EBSCO and SSO authentication

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Tue Jul 16 06:21:34 PDT 2024

Hello Laura,

The library at Angelo State University just implemented SSO authentication for our all our EBSCO products (EDS + various databases), and it works just as you stated, in that users have to authenticate into the EBSCO platform using their campus login credentials, unless they have already authenticated into another campus SSO platform such as Blackboard and are using the same browser to access both.

Once authenticated, users are automatically and seamlessly logged into their EBSCO account. Whether they use the Folder feature or not is their choice.

I had to change all the pertinent EBSCO URLs as the new ones do not reference our proxy server at all.  As a matter of fact, if our users try to access any of our EBSCO resources via the old proxied URL, they are greeted by an error message very similar to the one below:

[cid:image002.png at 01DAD759.299A2500]
Let me know if you have further questions or need additional information.

Thank you,