[Eril-l] Upcoming July–August events

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Thu Jul 11 10:45:18 PDT 2024

**Apologies for cross posting**

There’s always something happening at NISO! We close the month of July with
a free informational webinar on our newly published Communication of
Retractions, Removals, and Expressions of Concern (CREC) Recommended
Practice <https://www.niso.org/events/crec-publication-webinar>. And in
August, our monthly webinar series returns after a brief hiatus with
roundtable discussions on building
<https://www.niso.org/events/strategies-partnerships-insights-build-collaborative-collections-part-one>
and managing collaborative collections
<https://www.niso.org/events/managing-sustaining-collaborative-collections-part-two>
.

NISO VIRTUAL EVENT—FREE AND OPEN TO ALL

Communication of Retractions, Removals, and Expressions of Concern (CREC)
Recommended Practice Publication Webinar
<https://www.niso.org/events/crec-publication-webinar>

Tuesday, July 23, 10:00–11:00 am EDT (US/Canada)

The newly published CREC Recommended Practice is a community-driven
solution developed to ensure that retraction metadata is shared across the
publishing and discovery ecosystem. Join CREC Working Group members as they
discuss the project, the recently published document, and future plans for
implementation.

Speakers: Caitlin Bakker, Discovery Technologies Librarian, University of
Regina;  Jodi Schneider, Associate Professor, University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign; and Maria Zalm, Senior Editor, Publication Ethics, Public
Library of Science (PLOS).

There is no charge to attend this event, but please register
<https://niso-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_HOsDg9jISJa3Amt1m10iVQ>.

MONTHLY ROUNDTABLE WEBINAR—FREE FOR NISO MEMBERS

Collaborative Collections, Parts One and Two
<https://www.niso.org/events/upcoming>

This two-part series on collaborative collection development will delve
into effective strategies, case studies, and contemplations pertaining to
sustainability, management, resource access, impact, and preservation.
Focused on the immediate opportunities and challenges that must be
navigated between libraries and publishers, the in-depth conversation will
provide practical knowledge and skills necessary to develop and maintain a
successful collaborative collection.

Please note that attendees must register for each webinar separately.

Part One: Strategies & Partnerships: Insights to Build Collaborative
Collections
<https://www.niso.org/events/strategies-partnerships-insights-build-collaborative-collections-part-one>

Wednesday, August 14, 11:00 am–12:00 pm EDT (US/Canada)

Speakers: Emma Heet, Associate Dean of Collection Services, Loyola
University Chicago; Russell “Rusty” Michalak, Library Director,
Goldey-Beacom College; and Boaz Nadav-Manes, University Librarian, Lehigh
University.

Registration is not required for NISO members. Non-NISO members, please
register
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-webinar-strategies-partnerships-insights-to-build-collections-registration-768599179837>
(includes unlimited attendees from your organization).

Part Two: Managing and Sustaining Collaborative Collections
<https://www.niso.org/events/managing-sustaining-collaborative-collections-part-two>

Wednesday, August 21, 11:00 am–12:00 pm EDT (US/Canada)

Speakers:  Russell "Rusty" Michalak, Library Director, Goldey-Beacom
College; Jesse Koennecke, Director of Acquisitions and E-Resource Licensing
Services, Cornell University Library; Jill Morris, Executive Director,
PALCI; and *Roger Strong, *VP, Global Academic Sales - Americas, Cengage.

Registration is not required for NISO members. Non-NISO members, please
register
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-webinar-managing-sustaining-collaborative-collections-registration-768600533887>
(includes unlimited attendees from your organization).

We hope to see you soon! In the meantime, be sure to check our events page
for information on other upcoming educational programs, including NISO Plus
Global/Online <https://niso.plus/> (September 17–18) and a training series
on open research
<https://www.niso.org/events/open-research-2024-niso-training-series>.

Best,

The NISO Team NISO 3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302 Baltimore, MD 21211
Phone: 301.654.2512 E-mail: nisohq at niso.org