[Eril-l] NASIG Call for Mentors and Mentees

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Mon Jul 8 14:10:40 PDT 2024

Hi all!

NASIG's Mentoring and Student Outreach Committee is thrilled to be accepting
applications for its Mentoring program for 2024/2025.

This program is designed to provide a yearlong opportunity for networking
and professional development between NASIG regular members and student
members, recent graduates, and early career professionals. The program
provides mentors and mentees an opportunity to develop new connections,
share information, experience, and learning. We welcome all student members,
recent graduates and early career professionals interested in NASIG's areas
of expertise, including cataloging, metadata, technical services,
collections, acquisitions, serials and electronic resources management,
digital preservation, scholarly communication, standards, licensing, access,
and discovery.

We welcome mentors to provide mentorship and a diversity of perspective as a
way to give back and help new and emerging professionals grow. Every effort
will be made to match mentees with mentors according to their areas of
interest/expertise, although final matches will depend upon a suitable
number of applicants. Priority will be given to mentees who are interested
in areas of strength for NASIG mentors, those who are closest to graduation
and/or already working in the profession, and whose expectations for the
mentoring program most closely align with the
<https://nasig.org/resources/Documents/Guidelines%20for%20Mentors%20and%20Me
ntees.pdf> guidelines of the program.

As equity and inclusion affect every facet of our lives-both professionally
and personally- we encourage people from marginalized and underrepresented
groups across NASIG membership to apply as mentors or mentees.

Any current NASIG member is eligible to participate. Student memberships in
NASIG are free and  <https://www.nasig.org/Join> you can join NASIG on our
website. Participants of the program are expected to commit to the full term
of the session: August 2024 to May 2025. Please see more information and
apply to be a mentor or mentee on the NASIG Mentoring Program page. To apply
to be a mentee, please complete the  <https://forms.gle/4MxDy93j5njcYwXW8>
NASIG mentoring program mentee application form. To apply to be a mentor,
please complete the  <https://forms.gle/3GysMmHMms55yQ3z5> NASIG mentoring
program mentor application form.

The deadline to apply to be a mentor or mentee is August 9, 2024.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at
mentoring at nasig.org <mailto:mentoring at nasig.org>

--

Matthew Ragucci
NASIG Social Media Coordinator