[Eril-l] Academic Video Online & Open Athens

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Tue Feb 27 10:55:33 PST 2024

Hoping for some insight on this problem.

Our library subscribes to Academic Video Online (AVON), and we also use Open Athens authentication. We've been receiving the message that SONY Pictures Classics titles are temporarily unavailable in AVON, non-Sony titles are accessible.
We've known that SONY Pictures Classics DRM does not allow viewing of their titles outside of the United States on AVON, and even though we're located in Pennsylvania, Open Athens is a UK based product.

I've talked with AVON tech support with no immediate, definite answer on if Open Athens might be the problem. The request has been elevated to Alexander Street's management team.

Has anyone else using Open Athens and AVON had this issue?

Thanks for your help!

Dana

Dana Mastroianni, MLIS
Manager, Library & Public Services | Jennie King Mellon Library<library.chatham.edu>
Office: 412.365.1602
Chatham University|Woodland Rd. Pittsburgh, 15232
[Intsa]<https://www.instagram.com/jkmlibrary/>[FB]<https://www.facebook.com/JKMLibrary/>[Social, Circles, neon, Spotify, line Icon]<https://open.spotify.com/user/fuwu26wdwqq6ums8xs4utraq5>