[Eril-l] Bloomsbury + DOI - dropped proxy string

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Tue Feb 13 11:58:31 PST 2024

Hello Ranti,
I am seeing the same thing ....
and I doubled checked our EZProxy config file now and see that we are
up-to-date re:
https://help.oclc.org/Library_Management/EZproxy/EZproxy_database_stanzas/Database_stanzas_B/Bloomsbury_Digital_Resources
I have not had any reports of not being able to get access, but that may
just be because people are on campus when they try to access the ebooks we
have from Bloomsbury, which are not too many.
I will have to test from home this evening ...
Please keep me/the list updated about what you find out/figure out. I am
definitely an interested party!
Thanks, Sara

On Tue, Feb 13, 2024 at 2:48 PM Electronic Resources in Libraries
discussion list via Eril-l <eril-l at lists.eril-l.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> If your library subscribes to Bloomsbury collection and utilize EZProxy,
> could you please help check if the proxy string stays if the URL to the
> title consists of DOI string?
>
> The pattern of the URL would be something like this:
> [our_proxy_url]=
> https://doi.org/10.5040/9780755639960?locatt=label:secondary
> _bloomsburyCollections
>
> We found out the proxy string was dropped and the URL resolves to just
> something like this:
> https://www.bloomsburycollections.com/monograph?docid=b-9780755639960
>
>  I'd like to know if this is a wide issue or something specific to our
> setting. We use the latest stanza.
>
> Thank you for any clues you can provide.
>

> ranti.
> --
> Ranti Junus
> Michigan State University Libraries
> East Lansing, MI 48824

Sara Colglazier
Head of Discovery Services
Discovery and Access: Discovery Services, Rm. 303
Library, Information, & Technology Services
Mount Holyoke College
50 College Street
South Hadley, MA 01075
T: 413-538-2437