[Eril-l] Make sure you don't miss out on OASPA 2024

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Wed Aug 28 09:43:52 PDT 2024

The OASPA annual conference is a must-attend event for those working in all
areas of open access publishing and open scholarship more generally. It is
the only conference where all sessions are concerned with open access
publishing and infrastructure and that delves so deeply into many related
areas.

Don't miss out on the opportunity to ask questions, share challenges and
get to know delegates with different roles attending from many
organisations . We have over 150 registered attendees already and time is
limited to take advantage of one of the remaining spaces. With two
receptions, many coffee breaks and lunches included in your registration,
there will be plenty of opportunities to network and deepen your knowledge
and expand your contacts list.
Additionally you will join in sessions covering a wide range of topics
including:

   - integrity and trust in open scholarly publishing
   - how to assess the benefits of OA books and infrastructure
   - practically building equity in OA
   - assessing the ROI and value of OA Publishing
   - generative AI and robust open scholarship
   - technical standards and practices for Diamond OA
   - OA and precarity in the academic landscape
   - decoupling OA from per-publication journal charges
   - how different stakeholders of the OA publishing landscape approach
   equity
   - OA as a tool for collective climate action

And much more in penetrating multiple-speaker panels, keynote talks and
poster lightning talks introducing new ideas, projects and tools to
delegates.

This is our first in-person conference in five years and there is a real
appetite for people to come together and discuss all things open!  We hope
you too can join us in Lisbon in a few weeks.

There is still time to ensure you don't miss the OASPA 2024 Conference
(16-18 September 2024 in Lisbon). Register here
<https://shop.eventix.io/e99c837e-ec2f-11ee-a9cb-7e126431635e/tickets?utm_source=OASPA%20News&utm_campaign=7f52cb6561-first%20reminder%202208&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_-533d38c0d9-%5BLIST_EMAIL_ID%5D>
 now.

You can find the conference programme here
<https://www.oaspa.org/news/oaspa-2024-conference-programme/?utm_source=OASPA+News&utm_campaign=7f52cb6561-first+reminder+2208&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_-533d38c0d9-%5BLIST_EMAIL_ID%5D>
.

Any enquiries regarding the conference should be directed to
conference at oaspa.org.

We look forward to seeing you in Lisbon!

Best wishes,
Bernie

*Bernie Folan*
Communications, Engagement and Outreach Manager, OASPA
OASPA, Open Access Scholarly Publishing Association
bernie.folan at oaspa.org

Support our work - Become an OASPA Supporter
<https://www.oaspa.org/membership/support-us/>
Stay up to date -  Sign up <http://eepurl.com/bYkP8r> for OASPA news by
email
Follow us on X <https://twitter.com/OASPA> @OASPA