[Eril-l] Statement of Work for Library Services Platform

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Mon Aug 26 05:58:44 PDT 2024

Hello all,

This is slightly off-topic but hopefully fits here.  Has anyone found success in defining and describing a Library Services Platform (LSP) within a Statement of Work (for a procurement)?  Including the LSP overall but also its functionality and features (Discovery service, knowledgebase for managing online resources, etc.)?  The definitions I've found in articles are a little vague.  I understand them, but am having difficulty translating them to an effective Statement of Work which needs to be specific and detailed.  I want to make it clear that we want a LSP and not a more traditional ILS (in my experience with researching systems over the last several years, traditional ILS vendors can sometimes be eager to call a traditional system an LSP because they know it's the trend).

Thank you,
Leah

Leah Donley
Research Library