[Eril-l] Atypon response [was re: Notice of Removal of Administrative Access]

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Thu Sep 14 09:41:45 PDT 2023

A kind publisher rep determined these Notices come for publishers who
utilize Atypon for admin accounts.

*"I received a response from Atypon. It does not appear there is a
workaround or an option to turn this off. This is because they have
specifically put this in place as a security measure in response to
compromised access of disused administrator accounts. This as well at
two-factor authentication was put into place. [Atypon info:]*

*Clearing out disused admin rights*

*We now run a daily script on each site. This script will notify via email
any institutional administrators who have not signed into their account for
a year or more that they have 30 days to sign into their account before
their institutional administrator rights are removed.   It should also be
noted that running a SUSHI report without logging in does count as activity
on their account.*

*Their accounts themselves are not deleted, so administrators can still
sign in after this removal of admin rights has occurred. However, they will
need to contact the publisher directly to reinstate their administrator
rights."*

Publisher list for Atypon:
https://www.atypon.com/how-we-can-help/client-directory/

How about a one-click button in the Notice email to verify that the
recipient is still the one managing the account and to "renew"?

Deb
--
Deborah V. Rollins
e-mail: drollins at maine.edu