[Eril-l] Call for NISO Plus 2024 Scholarship Applications Is Now Open!

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Mon Oct 23 07:15:16 PDT 2023

**Apologies for cross posting**

We are delighted to announce that applications for the 2024 NISO Plus
Scholarship Awards are now open! Join us in celebrating the fifth
anniversary of the NISO Plus Conference <https://niso.plus/> by applying to
be a member of the 2024 cohort, or by encouraging a friend or colleague to
apply.

The NISO Plus Scholarship Award is granted to emerging and mid-career
professionals who believe their perspectives are underrepresented in
libraries or publishing and service provider organizations. We look forward
to recognizing applicants who want to learn, network, and share their
unique perspectives and ideas as we explore and identify solutions to the
challenges facing scholarly communications.

This program is an important part of NISO’s strategic goal to support
diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility
<https://www.niso.org/what-we-do/strategic-plan> (DEIA) in the community.
We are committed to providing opportunities for information students and
professionals from the widest possible range of backgrounds to participate
actively in our work and in the wider information ecosystem.

Awardees will receive the following:

   -

   Travel and accommodations to the February 13–14, 2024 annual conference
   in Baltimore, MD <https://niso.plus/home/baltimore/> (Pending funder
   approval)
   -

   Free registration to the NISO Plus Global Virtual Conference in
   September 2024
   -

   Networking opportunities with NISO Board members, staff, and other past
   and present scholarship winners
   -

   Free registration for all NISO educational webinars in 2024–26
   -

   Discounted registration fees to other NISO events
   <http://niso.org/events>
   -

   Opportunities to volunteer for NISO committees and groups
   -

   Automatic enrollment in NISO I/O and standards program announcements
   -

   And more!

Please complete this short application form
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/K85YX9B> to tell us more about yourself and
why you are interested in being a NISO Plus scholar.

Applications will close on November 17, 2023, and then be reviewed by the
NISO Plus Scholarships Committee, which includes representatives from the
NISO staff, Board, Planning Committee, and the 2023 scholarship cohort
<https://niso.plus/2023-scholarship-cohort/>. We will notify applicants of
our decision by December 15, 2023. (Please note that previous awardees will
not be considered.)

NISO
3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302
Baltimore, MD 21211