[Eril-l] Job posting (Canada): Permanent full time: One Health and Scholarly Communications Librarian

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Thu Oct 12 05:36:36 PDT 2023

For anyone interested in moving to Canada, we are on Prince Edward Island
(of Anne of Green Gables fame).

The most important aspect of this job is being the librarian serving the
Atlantic Veterinary College, which is world-class for research and teaching.
<https://app.dimensions.ai/discover/publication?search_mode=content&search_text=%22atlantic%20veterinary%20college%22&search_type=kws&search_field=full_search&viz-st:aggr=mean>
We are a small team of just 7 librarians, so if you like the "big fish in a
small pond" environment, we are definitely that kind of workplace. This
particular position has some other very interesting aspects.

We are also unionized, with a very strong union and really excellent pay
and benefits. Three of our librarians are very active in the union, called
the Faculty Association <https://www.upeifa.ca/>. Our collective agreement,
which includes pay scales, is public on that site.

Feel free to contact me for other details about this location, work
environment, etc.

Also note that two of our librarians (including myself) are Americans, so
while we legally have to consider Canadian applicants first, we are very
open to American applicants.

Details at:
https://www.upei.ca/hr/competition/51a23

Closing date: Nov 8.