[Eril-l] Managing metadata overlap between firm-ordered ebooks and ebook packages

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Fri Nov 3 10:52:57 PDT 2023

Hi all,

For those of you who use OCLC Collection Manager and have MARC records
delivered for loading into your local system, how do you manage the overlap
in metadata between firm-ordered individual ebook titles that also appear
in ebook packages you've purchased or subscribed to? We're trying to set up
regular management of loading record update files from Collection Manager
into our system (Aleph), but one of the problems we're running into is that
when we have a title overlap, we sometimes lose the URLs for the
firm-ordered titles. Do any of you encounter the same situation, and if so,
how do you handle it?

Thank you!

*Christa Strickler*

*Collection Metadata Integrity & Management Librarian *
*Hesburgh Libraries*

*University of Notre Dame*
418 Hesburgh Library
Notre Dame, IN 46556