[Eril-l] Library hosting of database

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Tue May 16 13:59:46 PDT 2023

Hi all,
We were informed by a vendor that they were no longer going to provide
online access to a couple of databases we purchased, so we would need to
host the content ourselves. They said content delivery includes tables,
photographs, PDF page images, and XML files. We are told it will be about
17GB. We are wondering, what software libraries are using to host
databases, and ensure content is secure and searchable?

Apryl

Apryl Price, Ed.S., MLIS (She/Her/Hers)
Executive Director, University Collections and Resources
Office of Knowledge Management and Information Science
Southern New Hampshire University
a.price at snhu.edu