[Eril-l] Invitation: ACRL Lunch & Learn on March 16

Melanie Masserant melanie.masserant at springernature.com
Tue Mar 7 08:40:53 PST 2023

Hello Librarians,

If you're attending ACRL next week in Pittsburgh, please join Springer Nature for a free lunch session on Thursday, March 16th-registration details below.

Transformative Agreements, Transforming Our Jobs
Thursday, March 16th
12:00-1:00 PM
Westin Pittsburgh, Cambria Room (second floor near walkway to convention center)
Register Now!<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/transformative-agreements-transforming-our-jobs-tickets-568679434497>

Transformative Agreements (TAs) are radically changing the scholarly publishing world and will affect how you work. Join Springer Nature for a free lunch at the ACRL Conference to learn how you can manage this transition.

TAs are accelerating Open Access (OA) publishing, which is vital to the advancement of science and discovery. This session will highlight a timeline of activities that libraries should accomplish in the early years of TA that include: author outreach and training, creating library landing pages, monitoring metrics as papers are published, and implementing workflows for approval managers that support OA authors.

We'll also explore what we have learned so far about TA, and the diversity of approaches taken. It's still early days for TAs in North America, and Springer Nature wants to hear from you about how you will manage this transition.

Speaker: Bob Boissy, the Director of Account Development for Springer Nature, provides technical and promotional support for academic, government, and corporate libraries in North America. He has an MLS and has worked in various roles in publishing and library service organizations for thirty-five years. He is the former President of NASIG and currently serves on the NISO Information Discovery & Interchange Topic Committee, and the NISO Architecture Committee.

Thank you,
Melanie

Melanie Masserant
Customer Engagement Events Manager