[Eril-l] Budgeting in Academic Libraries

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Tue Jun 20 12:44:59 PDT 2023

Hi friends! As we prepare our library budget for next year, we are consulting each faculty to see if they have any resource requests,  program changes that will require additional library resources, or are developing a new program in order to account for these expenses in the budget. This is the first year we are doing these consultations, so I was wondering if anyone has advice or questions that they think are important to ask.  Our budget might be a little different than the typical university library budget because it is more of a "wish list" that we submit to our accounting department and then before it is time to purchase a new database we complete a full evaluation with a trial and collect faculty feedback.  Although a new resource is on our budget, it still does not necessarily mean we are going to subscribe to it. Any advice or suggested readings would be greatly appreciated!

[https://attachment.freshservice.com/inline/attachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpZCI6MTEwODA5Njk0ODYsImRvbWFpbiI6Inlvcmt2aWxsZXUuZnJlc2hzZXJ2aWNlLmNvbSIsInR5cGUiOjF9.Jqj8Rzqf659R5b8gjd58T4vsl4-1yH4tSyP34rDdqTU][https://attachment.freshservice.com/inline/attachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpZCI6MTEwODA5Njk0ODcsImRvbWFpbiI6Inlvcmt2aWxsZXUuZnJlc2hzZXJ2aWNlLmNvbSIsInR5cGUiOjF9.2zv8FISsrdW7Ortfyupa86IqO9lVNoOS3bsjkDJHRpY]
Sarah Van Sickle (she/her)
Resource Management Librarian, Library Services
P: 647-692-9985
E: svansickle at yorkvilleu.ca<mailto:svansickle at yorkvilleu.ca>
www.yorkvilleu.ca<http://www.yorkvilleu.ca/> | www.torontofilmschool.ca<http://www.torontofilmschool.ca/>

We respectfully acknowledge Yorkville University and Toronto Film School campuses are situated in the traditional territories of diverse Indigenous nations. We reaffirm our responsibility to increase awareness and understanding of First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples and colonial legacy, and commit to strengthening our relationship with Indigenous peoples throughout Canada.