[Eril-l] AIP Publishing Launches Subscribe to Open Pilot Program

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Thu Jul 13 10:22:09 PDT 2023

Dear Colleagues,

AIP Publishing (AIPP) is excited to announce the launch of a Subscribe to Open (S2O) pilot program for the Journal of Applied Physics (JAP) and Physics of Plasmas (POP) in 2024.

If successful, S2O will benefit stakeholders across the research community by moving these publications toward open science with no added cost or burden to subscribers or authors. The S2O model enables publishers to convert journals quickly and seamlessly from subscription to open access (OA) one year at a time, in a way that elevates both accessibility and equity. S2O is cost-neutral for subscribing institutions - it uses the existing subscription infrastructure for administration and does not rely on article processing charges. Uptake of this model has been growing in recent years, and we're the largest STM-only publisher to pilot S2O to date. It's an exciting step forward - and just one example of how AIP Publishing is finding new ways to promote open science. Journals not in the S2O pilot program currently offer OA options through Gold Open Access, Author Select, Read & Publish agreements, Research4Life/World Bank waivers, and post publication through CHORUS.

Please read our Press Release<https://publishing.aip.org/about/news/aip-publishing-launches-subscribe-to-open-pilot-in-two-flagship-journals/> and visit our S2O FAQs<https://publishing.aip.org/resources/researchers/open-science/subscribe-to-open/> page for more information.

Susan Lo
Marketing Manager
Pronouns: she, her, hers

AIP Publishing
1305 Walt Whitman Road │ Suite 110 | Melville NY 11747-4300 │ USA
+1 516 576 2232
slo at aip.org<mailto:slo at aip.org> | publishing.aip.org<https://publishing.aip.org/>
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/AIPPublishing> │ Twitter<https://twitter.com/AIP_Publishing> │ LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/aip-publishing>