[Eril-l] Report from OASPA Equity in Open Access workshop #3: Making waves in APC & waiver practice

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Tue Jul 4 09:12:22 PDT 2023

OASPA is happy to share with you the most recent output from our ongoing
Equity in OA workshop series: Report from OASPA Equity in Open Access
workshop #3: Making waves in APC & waiver practice
<https://oaspa.org/report-from-equity-in-open-access-workshop-3/>.
This third workshop took place on 6th June 2023.

Stakeholders convened to discuss ways to increase equity in the per-article
payments system of Article Processing Charges (APCs) and waivers. In the blog
post <https://oaspa.org/report-from-equity-in-open-access-workshop-3/> by
OASPA's Malavika Legge you will find a link to the formal report from
workshop #3, OASPA's reflections on this session and our intended next steps*.
*There is also a reading list at the end of the post capturing why OASPA
thinks it is important to change some practices in the APC payment system.

We hope you find the post useful and interesting and welcome your feedback
either as comments below the post or via email to malavika.legge at oaspa.org.

Best wishes,
Bernie

P.s Did you know you can support OASPA's work even if you are not a member?
Learn more and see our list of current supporters here
<https://oaspa.org/support-oaspa/>.

*Bernie Folan*
Communications, Engagement and Outreach Manager, OASPA
OASPA, Open Access Scholarly Publishing Association
bernie.folan at oaspa.org

Stay up to date:  Sign up <http://eepurl.com/bYkP8r> for OASPA news by
email | Follow us on Twitter: @OASPA <https://twitter.com/OASPA>