[Eril-l] Budgeting in Academic Libraries

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Mon Jul 3 05:36:30 PDT 2023

My 2 cents:

Get hold of their syllabi and determine what types of resources are used at what stage of the students' education. Do most first year courses assign texts? At what point are journal articles used? Only used (3rd year classes? 4th year?)? Are they really using print books and at what level? E-books? All this allows you to be fully educated and it can be a surprise to the faculty also, in my experience, and get them to think more broadly. Assignment-specific is a good metric also.

Jennifer Soutter (she/her)

Indigenous Outreach Librarian
Department Head, Systems
Leddy Library
University of Windsor

We are all Treaty people. As humans we live and work in relationship to CUSMA, the Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement. Why is it so hard to accept we also live and work in relationship to First Nations on their traditional lands of the Three Fires Confederacy?