[Eril-l] DESIGN: Spring 2023 Projects needed for INFO250 Design and Implementation of Instructional Strategies for Information Professionals Students

Diane K. Kovacs diane at kovacs.com
Mon Jan 30 10:59:49 PST 2023

Dear Colleagues,

Thank you all for your good projects and participation in my courses
over the past two decades.

I teach INFO250 Design and Implementation of Instructional Strategies
for Information Professionals for San Jose State University, School of
Information (SJSU iSchool).

I offer students the option to work with a 'client' to design a unit of
instruction (workshop, tutorial, short course, etc.) for online or
face-to-face.  In the past students have decided on their own units of
instruction for their instructional design projects, and many will still
do that.  But I also like to offer them the option of designing a unit
of instruction for a non-profit organization, preferably a special,
academic, school, or public library, or library organization, but other
organizations or even for-profit small business sites.

Students need to make their choice of project topics by February 20.

My students are all working through an online Masters' Degree program.
Some of them have extensive instruction experience and some are complete
beginners.

If your unit of instruction/instructional design project is chosen, my
students will provide you with a completed instructional design plan, a
screen cast introducing the instructional design plan, and at least one
example instructional material.  You may choose to make use of their
work in future as you choose.

If you would like to be on the list of projects for my students, please
email me with the following information:

What I need from you (email me please at diane.kovacs at sjsu.edu):

1. Contact person(s) with email and telephone numbers
Contact person should be the 'client' that students are expected to
interview and interact with cooperatively to develop an initial needs
assessment and user identification and then work through our formal
instructional design plan*. Then design and deliver an instructional
design plan, introductory screencast, and example instructional material
to the contact person.

2. Brief description of what kind and topic of instruction you're
interested in working on.

3. A commitment by the contact person(s) to be available by email or
other form of online messaging, during the Spring 2023 semester.
Availability of a contact person is critical.

I will respond to you with additional questions and/or whether your
project fits our scope in terms of time and expertise of students and
verify you want to be on the list.

Thank you!

Diane K. Kovacs - Lecturer, SJSU iSchool:
http://ischoolapps.sjsu.edu/facultypages/view.php?fac=kovacsd
Vitae: https://www.kovacs.com/dianevitae.html
Email: diane.kovacs at sjsu.edu
Info250 Syllabus: