[Eril-l] Web Usability: Spring 2023 - Projects needed for Info251 Web Usability

Diane K. Kovacs diane at kovacs.com
Wed Jan 25 14:35:45 PST 2023

Dear Colleagues,

Thank you all again, for your good projects and participation in my
courses over the past two decades.

I'm again teaching Info251 Web Usability, for the SJSU iSchool for the
Spring 2023 semester. The 2023 Spring semester runs January 25 - May 15

I require each student to work with a 'client' to practice usability
testing methods on an existing library Web site, area of a Web site or
tool on a Web site with a specific group of users in mind. I prefer they
work with a library or library organization.

Students need to make their choice of project topics by February 6.

My students will report to you, and to me, their analyses of the
usability testing they perform on your site, area, or tool in the
context of the user group you are interested in.

I cannot guarantee that any of my students will choose your
site.Students may also choose the library they currently work in or a
non-profit organization known to them to work with. So, if you would
like to be on the list for my students to consider please email me with
the following information:

What I need from you:

1. Contact person(s) with email and telephone numbers (this would be the
'client' that students are expected to interview and interact with
cooperatively perform usability testing)

2. The URL of the current Web site, Web site area, or Web tool you'd
like to have usability tested and a description of the patron group(s)
you'd like them to focus on.

3. We may need you to recruit/supply 3-5 typical users to interact with
my students as they practice usability testing methods. All interactions
are online via email, chat, etc.

4. A commitment by the contact person(s) to be available by email or
chat to work with my students. Availability of a contact person is critical.

I will respond to you with additional questions and/or whether your
site, tool, and/or patron group(s) fits our scope in terms of time and
expertise of students and verify you want to be on the list.

Thank you!
Diane K. Kovacs - Lecturer, SJSU iSchool:
http://ischoolapps.sjsu.edu/facultypages/view.php?fac=kovacsd

Vitae: https://www.kovacs.com/dianevitae.html
Email: diane.kovacs at sjsu.edu

Info251 Web Usability Syllabus: