[Eril-l] Taylor & Francis blocking IP addresses due to excessive use

Kenyon Stuart kstuart at umich.edu
Mon Jan 23 11:49:35 PST 2023

Hello,

We received a few reports last week from Taylor & Francis that they had
temporarily blocked one of our IP addresses because of excessive connection
to Taylor & Francis Online (tandfonline.com). The activity occurs over a
period of one or two minutes and involves dozens of connections to only 1
or 2 pages. The block seems to occur after 100 total connection attempts.

Our IT group investigated and suggested the activity could be due to a
buggy browser. We've contacted a few users and they mentioned they were
using Chrome and Zotero.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with Taylor & Francis Online or
with Chrome or Zotero? If yes, do you have any suggestions on what we can
do or should investigate?

Thank you,

Kenyon Stuart
Electronic Resource Management Unit