[Eril-l] ALA Core Virtual IG Week - Call for presenters for Core Role of the Professional Librarian in Technical Services (March 9, 2023)

Alayne Mundt mundt at american.edu
Wed Jan 11 06:21:06 PST 2023

Please excuse cross-postings

Core Role of the Professional Librarian in Technical Services Interest Group (RPLTS) invites speakers to present as part of the 2023 CORE Virtual Interest Group Week. The RPLTS session will take place virtually on Thursday, March 9, 2023, at 9:00 AM Pacific / 10:00 AM Mountain / 11:00 AM Central / 12:00 PM Eastern.

We seek out proposals on topics regarding the role of professional librarians in Technical Services promoting and incorporating Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in academic libraries. We look forward to providing an engaging session with 2-3 short presentations (15-20 minutes max. each) offered in tight succession followed by a brief Q&A. We welcome your presentation proposals by January 31, 2023, with selection communicated by February 10, 2023. You do not need to be a member of ALA/Core to present or attend.

Please submit your proposal using this form https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://bit.ly/RPLTS_CIGW_2023__;!!IaT_gp1N!zG5-gOzk4675zJKibiO6B6OQlwYOdg1aZH8l3nWskK9VsmRuSzyWp6aBwdPMU2JLzyiavRbAX3eBphylxeoAwCyaZw$<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/bit.ly/RPLTS_CIGW_2023__;!!IaT_gp1N!zG5-gOzk4675zJKibiO6B6OQlwYOdg1aZH8l3nWskK9VsmRuSzyWp6aBwdPMU2JLzyiavRbAX3eBphylxeoAwCyaZw$> .

If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to receiving your proposals.

Co-Chairs - Marina Morgan (mmorgan at flsouthern.edu<mailto:mmorgan at flsouthern.edu>) and Amy Fry (

amyfry at illinois.edu<mailto:amyfry at illinois.edu>)

Co Vice-Chairs - Alayne Mundt (mundt at american.edu<mailto:mundt at american.edu>) and Greg Ferguson (

greg.ferguson at nyu.edu<mailto:greg.ferguson at nyu.edu>)

Alayne Mundt
Resource Description Librarian / Interim Director of Technical Services
American University Library
mundt at american.edu<mailto:mundt at american.edu>