[Eril-l] Job Posting: Acquisitions Librarian, Clark University
KaCollins at clarku.edu
Thu Jan 5 07:04:58 PST 2023
*Please Excuse Cross-postings*
Acquisitions Librarian, Clark University, Worcester MA
Reporting to the Head of Collections Strategy, the Acquisitions Librarian has primary oversight of managing procedures and workflows for acquisitions and serials management in the Goddard Library. The Acquisitions Librarian works closely with all staff in the collection's unit, as well as other library staff to ensure efficient and timely decision making, bill payment, and receiving procedures.
* Coordinates and manages the acquisition of library materials in all formats;
* Manages serials renewals on an annual basis using EbscoNet and working with individual vendors.
* Reviews usage of journals on an annual basis to ensure that collections are meeting the needs of the Clark community.
* Receives and manages monograph purchase requests and provides timely responses to requestors on what action the library will take with regard to requests.
* Provides reportable endowment titles to advancement staff, as needed.
* Makes decisions about which endowments and funds are used for purchasing of monographs.
* Collaborates with collections team and other staff on acquisitions initiatives and issues, policies, and database and vendor selection.
* Works closely with administrative assistant to have invoices paid in a timely manner and resolve problems with outstanding orders and bills.
* Coordinates reserves orders.
* Supervisor student employee(s).
* Coordinates purchase of faculty monographs for Goddard and Special Collections.
* Coordinates leisure reading program.
Clark University currently requires all employees and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions will be made for medical or disability reasons or religious beliefs, and could be made, at the sole discretion of the University, for other well-documented reasons.
* ALA accredited master's degree
* Knowledge of accounting principles with respect to library acquisitions, including fund accounting;
* Excellent organizational skills with ability to effectively manage time and set priorities;
* Effective analytical, oral, written, and interpersonal skills;
* Well-organized and detail-oriented;
* Maintains up-to-date professional knowledge and skills in areas related to primary job assignment as well as maintaining general knowledge of current trends in publishing and scholarly communications.
Preferred qualifications include:
* Previous supervisory and academic library experience preferably in technical services;
* Experience compiling, managing and reviewing acquisitions data for decision-making;
* Proficiency using an integrated library system (OCLC World Management System highly preferred), particularly the Acquisitions module.
* Experience with bibliographic utilities, such OCLC Connexion
* Experience with selection and ordering of materials using online ordering tools such as GOBI
* Demonstrated strong technology and troubleshooting skills; ability to both to collaborate and to work independently.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity as a core value: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
Clark University offers a generous benefit package for full and, if applicable, part-time employees that include; paid time off, generous retirement plan, group health and dental insurance, life insurance, and tuition, along with use of many campus amenities. For a complete list of benefits for eligible employees visit here<https://www.clarku.edu/offices/human-resources/wp-content/blogs.dir/3/files/sites/90/2021/01/Benefits-Summary-for-Eligible-Employees-v2.pdf>.
Position Classification: Hybrid Eligible
Salary: $50,000.00 - $55,000.00
How to Apply:
Read the full job description and apply online here-
Head of Collections Strategy
Robert H. Goddard Library
Worcester MA USA 01610
kacollins at clarku.edu<mailto:kacollins at clarku.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l