[Eril-l] Anyone have experience with digital games?

Laura Vogler Voglerl at wabash.edu
Thu Feb 16 05:44:26 PST 2023

Hello All,

We have a game lab in our library that is used by several faculty and is available for student use in the evenings.  The area includes gaming computers and a PS4.  We have a few physical games for checkout and students are free to use the gaming PCs with their own gaming devices.  We are starting to see an interest from our faculty in the use of games in the classroom.  We received our first request for a game that is only available digitally (Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry) and at this point, we don't think we have any options for purchasing.  We would like to know if anyone has experience using digital-only games in your library (or institution) and how you handled licensing and adding it to your collection.

Kind regards

Laura Vogler
Associate Library Director

Wabash College Library <http://library.wabash.edu/> | 301 W Wabash Ave | Crawfordsville, IN 47933 | P: 765.361.6215