[Eril-l] OASPA is working to create equity in open access - learn more in this new post

Bernie Folan bernie.folan at oaspa.org
Tue Feb 14 05:51:29 PST 2023

The inclusion of all scholars is essential for advancing human knowledge
and also for a successful transition to OA, yet the world of OA academic
publishing is not a fair or inclusive space as our recent conversations
<https://oaspa.org/the-oa-market-what-is-healthy-part-1/> and older
 conversations
<https://oaspa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/OASPA-Issue-Brief_Final-10-09-21.pdf>
show.
OASPA recognises that OA at any cost is not acceptable whilst
simultaneously understanding that there are real costs to publishing.
We recently
committed <https://oaspa.org/the-oa-market-what-is-healthy-part-2/> to
making open access more equitable, and today's blog post
<https://oaspa.org/working-to-create-equity-in-open-access/> by OASPA's
program manager Malavika Legge announces our workshop series on equity in
OA.

OASPA’s equity in OA workshops are bringing libraries and publishers
together to help participants and OASPA better understand the issues,
examine existing solutions, develop new thinking, and lead to a place of
pragmatic fixes. Full information is available on the post
<https://oaspa.org/working-to-create-equity-in-open-access/>.

Best wishes,
Bernie

*Bernie Folan*
Communications, Engagement and Outreach Manager, OASPA
OASPA, Open Access Scholarly Publishing Association
bernie.folan at oaspa.org
Stay up to date:  Sign up <http://eepurl.com/bYkP8r> for OASPA news by
email | Follow us on Twitter: @OASPA <https://twitter.com/OASPA>
OASPA Conference Information and past programs and recordings
<https://oaspa.org/conference> l  OASPA Webinars Webinars with links to
recordings <https://oaspa.org/information-resources/oaspa-webinars/>