[Eril-l] Librarian Open Science Grant Opportunity

Electronic Resources in Libraries discussion list eril-l at lists.eril-l.org
Fri Dec 1 09:21:58 PST 2023

Apologies for cross-posting...

The UCLA Library is excited to announce a call for proposals
<https://ucla-imls-open-sci.info/> for the second year (2024) cohort
of “Lessons
for Librarians in Open Science Principles and Methods
<https://www.imls.gov/grants/awarded/re-252335-ols-22>.” This two-year
project (2023–2024), funded by the Institute of Museum and Library Services
(IMLS), aims to develop and refine seven lessons each year (totaling 14
lessons) through sequential summer workshops.

We are seeking lesson proposals for synchronous instruction in both
in-person and virtual settings. Each completed lesson should be 90 minutes
to 3 hours in duration. We strongly prefer proposals utilizing open
resources, such as open-source tools and software, which are accessible to
all. The submission deadline is January 31st, 2024, with award
announcements by April 30th, 2024. More details are available on our
project website <https://ucla-imls-open-sci.info/>.

Award recipients or groups will receive $5,000 for developing a lesson,
with specific disbursement details dependent on their institution.
Additionally, we will offer summer workshops in 2024 to equip awardees with
the necessary skills for lesson development. The UCLA Library Data Science
Center will provide technical support for publishing these lessons.

For any queries, please contact datascience+imls at ucla.edu, or visit our
website <https://ucla-imls-open-sci.info/> for more information and FAQs.

This project is made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and
Library Services RE–252335-OLS–22
<https://www.imls.gov/grants/awarded/re-252335-ols-22>.